About Me

My photo
Leicester, United Kingdom
Hello :) Im Melissa, 20 and a passionate writer. I have a diploma in Animal Management and have a passion for snakes. My idol is Lady Gaga-Theatrical, artistic, creative, all of these make her inspirational to me and my writing. I write about anything from fitness to love. Feel free to read my writing, comment and/or add me :) Ta very muchly.

Monday 2 May 2011

Amen!

The easter holidays have nearly enough been and gone. It was amazing to have the break, as i was dealing with a lot of stress and i lost who i was. Having the break for me was my chance to revitalize and find myself once again. Talking to one of my closest friends who i have known since primary school, i discovered that she was interested in Christianity. It was always a feeling of interest that i had but i was always afraid of being judged; however i felt comfortable enough to talk to my friend about it. The next day we both went to a little church in Narborough - The church of England. I felt accepted, i felt like i belonged and i didn't feel judged. I have been twice to that little church and one closer to my home in Stoney Stanton. Going to church was the best thing i have discovered about myself...so far! This is who i am and i am proud to say that i am a Christian. I was baptized when i was a child but i would like to be baptized again to renew myself. As a child, you dont get choices, you get told. I wasn't told to be baptized, but i was a baby therefore i didn't know what was going on, nor did i choose to become a Christian because it was who i was. This time is different; this time i get a say!
My love for God gives me strength, gives me hope and gives me life.  I am no longer afraid to admit it, because it is who i am. I am proud and will continue with the life i am living.

Thankyou Lord for showing me the light.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment